MIT Medical's Radiology Service provides digital X-rays, digital mammograms,
bone density scans and fluoroscopy exams. More complicated radiological procedures, such as MRIs
and CT scans, are done at Shields MRI, Coolidge Corner Imaging, Massachusetts General Hospital, or Mount Auburn Hospital.
- For patients enrolled in the MIT Traditional and MIT Choice Health Plans with a primary care provider (PCP) at MIT Medical — No referral is necessary for mammograms. Other radiology services are ordered by your PCP.
- For employees, retirees, and dependents enrolled in an MIT health plan but with a PCP outside MIT Medical — Radiology services are available by appointment at no out-of-pocket cost. You must:
- Preregister before the appointment with Patient Registration (go to the first floor of MIT Medical or call 617-253-6286) to give us your insurance information.
- Make an appointment with Radiology.
- No referral is necessary for mammograms. For other radiology services requested by your primary care provider, have him or her complete a physician order form detailing what tests are to be done at MIT Medical and to whom the results should be sent. Bring the completed form to your appointment.
George Cushing, M.D.
Paul Dratch, M.D.
Alejandro Heffess, M.D.
Larissa Ioffe, R.T. (M)
Betty Mercurio, R.T. (R) (M)
Lisa Owens, R.T. (R)(M)
Ralsh Reichele, M.D.
Philip Rogoff, M.D.
Pierre Sasson, M.D.
Jeremy Schiller, M.D.
Michael J. Shortsleeve, M.D.
Siew Koon Teoh, M.D.
Massachusetts General Hospital
Mount Auburn Hospital
Coolidge Corner Imaging
If you are seeing this, you have attempted to link to the UpToDate widget but are experiencing a problem. Please visit UpToDate
for more information.