Adequate sleep is associated with better health in many ways, including:
- Enhanced memory, learning and academic performance
- Healthy weight and metabolic health
- Heart health
- Immune system function
How we can help
If you’re having a sleep problem, see your MIT Medical primary care provider (PCP) to discuss any medical issues that may be causing the problem. If you'd like to talk to a clinician about feelings of stress or anxiety that are interfering with your sleep, please contact MIT Medical's Mental Health and Counseling Service at 617-253-2916.
Community Wellness at MIT Medical
- Sleep downloads: Print and audio downloads about improving sleep quality, overcoming insomnia, and reducing stress.
- Books, CDs and DVDs: A multimedia library located in Building E23 on the second floor. Learn to use workbooks for insomnia, techniques to practice before bed, and how to get your sleep health back on track.
- One-on-one consultations with wellness specialist Zan Barry to help you connect with resources and groups. Call 617-253-3646.